Delaware River Committee
Delaware Flows Mission Statement
NYSCTU seeks to protect and enhance the thermal ecological health and habitat of the entire Upper Delaware River system, with particular focus on the tailwater fisheries of the East Branch, West Branch, Neversink River, and Upper Mainstem, using the best data available to support its advocacy for scientific based management of flows and releases.
1. The Committee will gain an understanding of the components of the Habitat Bank, how they are used and who is responsible (Who, What, When Where and Why).
2. The Committee will appoint a sub-committee to monitor process (ensure application is proper).
3. The committee will establish triggers for utilization of the bank and develop protocols.
1. The Committee will work to gain an understanding and define the differences of the importance of flows verses releases
2. The committee will appoint a technical sub-committee to gather scientific data of flows / releases necessary for the watershed.
3. The Committee will gather data to support specific habitat needs, develop recommendations and proposals on consistent flows and releases utilizing a scientific based approach and the OAISIS Model ensuring that they are realistic and within the constraints of the system